This is shortly before Natalie turned three. It was Aug of 2007. A few short months after she finished her most intense chemo. Her hair was growing back and she was finally have some good days. We let her go to this party at a Pump It Up--it was a small party with just a few kids and her counts were decent at the time. It was probably the first party she went to and the first time she had gotten to play with kids in quite some time. I remember how thrilled our hearts were to see her feeling good enough that day to play and have fun. We couldn't believe she was able to climb up the slide- her legs were still on the weak side when she walked. It was the best for David and I--smiles on our girls face and HOPE for the future. Believe me, there were still PLENTY of hard days that came after this, but this was one night I will always remember that gave me hope for the future and immense gratitude for the moment. SO--ever since that night, Natalie has said she wants a Pump It Up Birthday Party....
***
I don't know why it has taken us so many years- but Natalie finally got her Jump Place party (even if it wasn't actually Pump It Up).
Love this picture!!
My kids Great Grandma Hamilton and my parents! Special picture!
So fun that she could come down from Houston for a visit.
Natalie played so hard the entire time, I never even saw her to snap a picture!
But Stephen had a good time with his buddies!
But Stephen had a good time with his buddies!
Thanks Miss Annalee for the gorgeous cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment