Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve' Eve- Sick Day & Games

Saturday we had a great day getting celebrating Natalie's end of chemo day and then I finished up a lot of Christmas stuff with the kids while David worked.  But unfortunately that night they woke up within 15 minutes of each other throwing up.  It was a long night--they both got sick all night long.  Sunday was the start of David's time off for Christmas so instead of enjoying listening to David sing at church in the Christmas program I stayed home with sick kids.  It was sad.
Luckily by late afternoon they were filling a bit better.  We took advantage and salvaged our day by playing board games.  We honestly had one of the best evenings I can remember.  We had so much fun and played game after game--we played for over six hours.  Staying up late because we were having too much fun(those who know us aren't surprised by this).  I love these pictures I took.  Chinese Checkers is a game I loved playing with my Grandma and Grandpa Hamilton and I have many tender memories of it.  Our version ended earlier than intended after Stephen bumped the board and all the pieces fell off--but who didn't see that coming... I guess that is par for the course.  He loved it and was starting to figure out that he couldn't jump multiple people at a time.  So fun!!  The last picture of Stratego is a game David loves.  We used to play it when we were dating.  Only problem is, I am SO inpatient and so BAD at strategy that I never win and I haven't been willing to play with David in over a decade.  He LOVED that his boy was on his team and Stephen LOVED, LOVED, LOVED being on the winning team.  I don't think I will ever win at it- poor Natalie was stuck with me and my loosing streak.  It was seriously such a fun night!!




Brian was chill as always and hung out with us while we played. 
Happy and content most of the night in Mommy's arms. 

This was supposed to be a cute Santa--didn't turn out very well and no one felt like eating it.

Luckily that afternoon we got an amazing Christmas delivery that was a PERFECT compliment to our game night.  And was the first time the kids were tempted to eat after being sick.  Truthfully poor Stephen kept having a hurting belly for two more days.  It was not a nice stomach bug!!



No comments: