Wednesday, December 26, 2012

White Christmas

 
Santa brought these flashriders! 
These were a surprise, the kids didn't ask Santa for these and they have been a HUGE hit!!
It turns out that it was a VERY good thing we did "Mexican Style" Christmas Eve becase by 5 am Christmas morning I was feeling SO sick.  I ended up getting the stomach bug my kids had a few days before and it was MISERABLE!  I barely made it through Christmas morning (which was fast because it was stockings and a few things Santa brought that weren't wrapped) before going back to bed and missing the entire day.  I remember part way through the day David came in our room and opened the blinds so I could see the snow falling.  That was so sweet.  I don't think I got up until six or seven at night. 







 Oops, a forgotten gift from Grandma!
 
 

 



This was Christmas night.  I was SO scared to get my baby sick that I was wearing a mask and gloves and David took this picture to tease me.  But of course I was right- stomach bugs are the worst--sooo contagious.  David and the baby both got it but it was more mild for them. 

Finally the day after Christmas David and I were feeling better and we were finally able to relax and have that laid back family time together.  It was a wonderful day!!


These pictures say it all.  LOVE it!!

David listening to the Bochelli CD I got him.  We went to a concert together earlier in the month and it was one of the best things we have done--so it was pretty fun to share his music with our kids.

Yum!  I wanted this on Christmas morning but better late than never. 
Hot chocolate has such a good feeling associated with it because I think we are always building good memories when we drink it. 
 


LOVE this!! 
Walkie-talkies they got for Christmas. 
They have had SO much fun with these.

Pretty girl!!

Such a good day!!

Brian was sleeping Christmas Eve when we opened most of the gifts so we saved them.  With me being so sick Christmas morning, we never opened them on Christmas so we let him open them all the day after Christmas.  That isn't something I would normally do--I really was sick!!

He was SO cute opening them. 
I was trying to be patient and give him time to figure this opening thing out.




CUTIE!!

Stephen always has to get a kiss in....

The kids gifts for Brian!! 
They were SO proud of all the superhero gear they picked out for him.

The guitar I got for David didn't arrive in time for Christmas- but it was kind of fun when it came the day after and we got to play around with it.  He doesn't play, but now that we are playing piano he is interested in learning.

The snow was still around the next day. 
I guess it snowed most of the day on Christmas- pretty magical!!


These are colored bubbles they got in their stockings.

With all the cookies we made on Christmas Eve, we didn't have time to finish our sugar cookies.

Brian likes to watch us in the kitchen!
 
 
This was my favorite moment of the day. 
Daddy randomly coming and dancing with his girl!
Made me cry when I saw this video as I was going through pictures. 
LOVE!!!
 

No comments: