Monday, October 14, 2013

Natalie's 9th Birthday!!!

 
"Seven years ago, when it felt like our world was crumbling around us, I remember calculating how long it would be until we'd know if Natalie had beaten Leukemia. My little two year old would have to be 9, in 3rd grade. It seemed so far away.... I have wanted so badly for her to make this birthday healthy. So grateful she's come this far, it's happened so fast and taken so long. I wish for more triumphant birthdays to come; and yet I wish I could freeze time and enjoy these moments forever."
                                                                                         
David posted this to FB on Nat's birthday.  I don't think I could capture how we felt that day any better.  Made me teary eyed to read it.  I couldn't wish for a better person to be by my side.  So grateful for my beautiful family!!
 

 
Picking up Natalie's Cake!!
We didn't have to wait since it was already ordered; but it also meant we couldn't get any more lobster tails. Sad--they are the yummiest pastry I have ever eaten!!

 

We decided we have a birthday lunch instead of a dinner and we better do it in Hoboken because her cake was WAY too big and heavy to try to take into the City.  We ended up having to kill some time and wait for a restaurant to open since it was still pretty early for lunch.  Natalie wanted seafood and luckily we found that.  It was even pretty enough to eat outside.   
 

Can't believe my baby is already NINE!!!
 
 

David's family tradition!!
Still remember how she barely licked the cake on her 2nd birthday,
 how blessed we are!

 

 
Her cake was AMAZING!!  Usually fondant isn't very tasty, but this one was delicious.  It was red velvet and it was the best red velvet I have ever eaten, I was SO impressed!!!
 
After her birthday lunch we headed into the City and went to some places we knew the kids would LOVE...
 
Dylan's Candy Shop



This place reminds me of Give Kids the World!



Stephen was getting tired of pictures on the trip,
so to compromise I told him after he did a nice smile
he could do a silly face.

 
 
I thought this church was so pretty!
 
On our walk to our next surprise,
we came across a Latin American Heritage Parade, pretty cool. 

 
 
FAO SCHWARTZ
 

The kids were amazed when we walked in to this GIANT toy store.
David has been dying to take them here, especially to see the Big Piano from the movie BIG.

Brian loved the GIANT doggie!!
 
Natalie found what she wanted right away. 
 
One fun thing we did was let them have their fortunes told by one of those old time fortune telling machines.  It was really cool!!
 

They loved this area with all the muppets,
 they were kind of like Build a Bears except they were like a $100. 


Natalie saw this Lady Liberty doll and was in LOVE!!
 
But later when we were picking out what to buy, she only asked for the puppy even though I could tell she wanted the doll too.  And on top of that, Stephen picked two or three things and it was HER birthday after all.  But no complaining, and when I asked if she was sure she still only asked for the puppy. She really is SUCH a good girl. 
 
 When it was time to go, I had to wait in the long line for the elevator with the stroller, so David told me to run back and buy the doll to surprise her. 
Love my sweet girl!!

Brian was in love with this Hello Kitty,
 he carried it around for 30 mins. and wouldn't let go of it.

 
We were all SO impressed by all the lego statues!!
They were AMAZING!!!

This one was a favorite!


 
The famous Piano!!
 
 




Love this too!!




Central Park & Carriage Ride
 

We saved the carriage ride in Central Park for her birthday!
Our driver was so cute, he was from Ireland and had the best accent.










The views were great!
Central Park is so cool!


Ah, baby kisses!!

The best!!



This is one of our favorite memories from the trip.  After our carriage ride was over, the driver gave each of the kids a carrot.  Natalie says to him, "Well, I'm really not supposed to with my braces, but I guess I can try..." With that she starts to put it against her teeth to nibble on it... Stephen saw her and went ahead and started taking a bite too before we could stop them.  Funny kids, didn't know it was for the horses.  We laughed and laughed over that.  We still laugh over it and the kids are SO embarrassed that they started to eat dirty carrots that were probably pulled out of the manure bucket.


More Central Park Exploring!!
 




 


I loved all the bridges in the park!





Loved how it turned out!!

Riding the famous carousel!

I was surprised at how in LOVE these two were with their little shark and puppy from FAO Schwartz.  They carried them everywhere for days and made up adventures for them while we walked and rode the subway.  It was so fun to listen to them!!

The buildings from Ghost Busters. 
Haven't let the kids see this one yet, but its a classic.

The kids loved all the people who were always playing music in the subways and on the streets.


This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip!!

 

It was so fun to see so many cool places that you see in movies and on t.v. all the time.  Now whenever we are watching something, David will ask the kids if they remember where that was.  So fun!!


Silly baby!!


So pretty!

 


This was one of the kids favorite things. 




Brian loving on sharkie and watching the bubbles!

I really did love all the bridges!

 
 
Such a beautiful evening!


When we made it back to the hotel I gave Natalie her surprise. 
This was her reaction!!
(oops, still on b & w)

 Lady Liberty as Natalie always calls her!!

No comments: