Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Trunk or Treat

 
Natalie was so funny this year.  A few months ago she told me she already had the perfect Halloween costume.  She wanted to wear this pink masquerade mask that I bought a few years ago with a renaissance dress she has in her dress up closet.  When we went Halloween shopping, she said, "Well, I'll look around just in CASE I see something better."  Her heart was still set on the masquerade mask costume until she SAW THIS!!!  A new wedding gown!!  Her dress up wedding dress is too small for her now.  For years dressing as a BRIDE was her FAVORITE!!!  I totally understand, because when I was a little girl I didn't have dress up outfits but my sister and I used to play brides using some of the sheer curtains in the house over our heads as a veil.  It's totally a girl thing!!
 
I knew Natalie really wanted to get this costume because she wanted a wedding dress back in her collection of dress up items (especially this pretty poofy dress with a VEIL!!!).  I knew it wasn't necessarily what she was dying to be for Halloween but she really wanted an excuse to buy it...so Mom came to the rescue with a PERFECT suggestion.  Frankenstein's Bride!!!  And we decided to make Stephen Frankenstein, which he LOVED too!! 
 
For trunk or treat Natalie had to just wear her costume as a bride because she had dance class and didn't have time to get into her full costume, so you will have to check out the Halloween post to see how AMAZING her costume turned out.  If you can't tell by Stephen's make up; David has many hidden talents.   
 
David's costume was super cool--Bat Dad!!  I think a lot of people weren't familiar with Bat Dad and thought he was just trying to do a makeshift Batman costume.  Bat Dad is hilarious--a few weeks before David was showing the kids videos of Bat Dad and they were ROLLING on the floor laughing!!!  Check it out if you aren't familiar with BAT DAD!!
 







No comments: