Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Early Thanksgiving

It seems like it has been several years since we had had Thanksgiving with my parents, so it is a big treat to have them close by.  My Dad still works out of state and is only home two weeks out of the month- so we were glad to have him home for Thanksgiving (although we were all sad that meant he had to be gone for Christmas).  My Dad's brother and his family came for a visit but their plane was leaving to go home at noon on Thanksgiving Day- a little too early to have a turkey cooked so we decided to celebrate on Wednesday! 

It worked out perfectly because David's sister and her room mate were able to come down on Wed but couldn't be there Thursday.  So we were able to all get together!  We also got a fun surprise--Auntie Laura got a visit that week from Auntie Kathy!!  Kathy lives in Arizona and we haven't seen her for two years.  Natalie and Kathy used to be VERY close--so they came down from OKC very late Tuesday night.  When the kids woke up in the morning Kathy was here to surprise us all!!!  You should've heard Natalie's reaction!!!  That was a fun treat!!



My Great Grandma Hamilton- the reason I think we will get a lot more visitors to Dallas.  My parents now have each of their mothers living with them.  I know it's a lot of work for my Mom, but it sure is fun for my kids to get to see their Great Grandma's all the time!!

My Dad with his Mother!
My Dad used to wear this sweatshirt when I was a girl- when I saw him wearing it I couldn't believe he still has it.  He told me he "dressed up" because David always wears a shirt and tie to Thanksgiving dinner!  He was disappointed that David came in jeans.  David told us he only dresses up when he is hosting dinner!!  Funny!  


My fun pinterest idea- a tablecloth with everyone's handprints!!

I love Brian's little hand- looks so tiny next to Grandpa's!

After turkey walk to get moving and keep the sleep away!


This tree is stunning!!!
There aren't that many trees around that change colors but my Dad's neighborhood happens to have several.  I know I miss that from when I grew up in Utah and we used to drive into the mountains every fall to see the leaves changing.  We certainly didn't have any of that in Tucson! 

Grandpa always takes the kids on walks from his house to feed these nearby ducks.








This duck actually eats out of your hand.  It pecks a little,
but it actually doesn't hurt. I felt very brave to let it peck my hand and give it bread. 







This lead I found was so cool!!

No comments: