Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving...Take Two

So a few days before Thanksgiving Stephen asked me, "Mom, I know we are eating at Grandma's for Thanksgiving the day before, but can you still cook a BIG feast for us too because Mom I just LOVE the food you cook!!!"  

Melted my heart- how could I say no??  I was already planning on it- but I went a little overboard.  Way too much food for a small group.  The problem is- making all the traditional stuff I always making plus trying some of the cool ideas I have been seeing on pinterest.  It was yummy and exhausting and fun to cook with my girls, who was SO excited to be helping---but it was WAY TOO MUCH FOOD and I'm still paying for it and the baking I kept doing in December.  It's the second week of January and I still have at least another week before I think I will be at my pre-Thanksgiving weight! 

My parents came over with my Dad's Mom mid-day to watch football and eat with us again.  The pumpkin cinnamon rolls I made for breakfast were the biggest hit of the day--everyone LOVED them!!! 


These were fun- not quite as cute as the ones on pinterest but still cute!


David smoked a turkey- it might not look pretty but it was DELICIOUS!!!


This is supposed to look like turkey feathers,
 but we didn't get it quite right and decided to just dig in.

Somehow I didn't get a picture on everyone together either day- I guess I was too busy cooking but the food and company was great!

Brian showing Great Grandma his Angry Bird skills on my Mom's Ipad. 

No comments: