Friday, October 15, 2010

Family Party at Chucky Cheese


Wednesday was Natalie's actual birthday, but not a very good day for a friend party. So even after her big party on Saturday, we of course had a family celebration. I am into double celebrations. Why not, it makes life more fun.

Daddy took the day off work since he works a night shift on Wednesday. He went to school and had lunch with Natalie and took cupcakes for her class. She loved having her Daddy come and eat with her. I had a to have some injections in my back that day so David picked Natalie up from school and then they came and picked me up from the sugery center. I joked with Natalie that we were twins now and had both had pokies in our backs on her birthday. Four years earlier Natalie had surgery to place her central line and had her first spinal chemo. She thought that was pretty funny.

Natalie has only been to Chucky Cheese once, last summer before her Wish Trip. Ever since then she has been saying that she wants to have a birthday party there. So we decided to have our family party there. But Natalie decided that she isn't a big fan of their pizza so she picked out Sweet Tomatoes instead. We don't go there often since moving to Dallas because it is quite a drive. She has been asking to go there for weeks, so it was a perfect treat for her. Then it was off to Chucky's. Just our little family of four. We had a truly perfect night together. Natalie was SO excited when Chucky brought out her cake. She loved it, even though I don't think it tasted all that good. She didn't eat much of it, but she was thrilled non-the-less. We came home and had a grand time opening family presents. It was a perfect birthday for my sweet six year old.











The Colonel did something just right on this game and won 100 tickets. He and Natalie were So excited watching them as they kept coming out- that's like winning on a slot machine for a kid:)
Natalie was so proud of holding on to the shaking handles in this game.
















Excitedly leading Natalie in to open her presents. She has her eyes closed to add to the drama.
After opening her first present Natalie said, "something is missing" and then she hopped up and gave Mommy and Daddy and Stephen hugs to say thank you. She did that each time she opened something.

This was what Stephen picked out for Natalie. He is funny, everytime he watches commercials and sees cool girl toys he tells me he is going to get it for Natalie's birthday. He has quite a list built up...


I adore Stephen's cute voice on this video!


She told me this special present from Mommy was her very favorite. When she was two our next door neighbor gave her a little carousel horse figurine and she loved it and played with it a lot. It was already kind of broken and did not last too much longer. I have always wanted to get her a replacement and when I saw this I knew it was perfect. Plus it is something I would've adored when I was her age so I knew it would be good.



When I saw this, I could not pass it up. This gift has a lot of symbolism to me and is very special. Her big friend party was themed around this gift- even if no one knew it.
More hugs for Brother!

1 comment:

Team Russi said...

Did you go to the Chucky's in Grapevine? We miss that one. It was always so nice!

Happy birthday to your little Natalie! She looks beautiful.