Friday, October 22, 2010

State Fair

A day at the Texas Fair was perfect for Natalie's Monday holiday from school. We have been missing our Monday's off together. It is David's day off and is much less fun with Natalie in school. It was hotter than we expected but we had a great day.
Getting so big.
We didn't do many rides because everything at the fair is so expensive, but the kids went through this fun maze with Daddy and loved it.






When Ronald McDonald picked Natalie out of a big crowd of kids to be his helper, David and I just looked at each other with a smile. Not a surprise, our girl.


Natalie & Stephen thought these jumping pirates were the coolest thing ever.
I never mind waiting in line with this one. It makes it a pleasure.
David was excited to see the Tom Landry exhibit. Stephen was asleep and Natalie and I both enjoyed it a lot too. Me because I love history and people's story and I'm not sure why Natalie liked it but she did.


I love this picture.



Natalie was so proud when she recognized her hospital as the sponsor.
Just in case you are wondering why there are only Natalie pictures in the petting zoo it is because The Colonel was asleep.
This picture melts my heart, what a handsome and sweet boy he is.
Sampling some of the crazy food at the fair is always a big treat. If you can't tell, pictures of our kids eating are some of our favorites. These are too fun.

Waiting for the next bite...she was loving it. Look at the sour cream all over her lips from the frito pie.

Showing me how he was "looking for you Mommy" after he woke up with Daddy.
The pig races were a BIG hit with the kids!
The parade was a favorite of mine and Natalie's. We are so alike in our love of sparkly, girly, and colorful. These are the kinds of things I loved as a kid and funny enough I have not outgrown them. If anything it is even stronger just because I am so sentimental.



The ferris wheel was my ALL time favorite as a kid, something I never tired of. This massive, Texas sized one is SO cool. The kids both had great memories of going on it last year too. Rides in the dark and beautiful views are other favorites of mine.



1 comment:

Karin said...

I've always wanted to try the state fair but have heard mixed things. Looks like you guys had a great time and I'm glad to see you in one of the pictures. =)