BNSF TRAIN RIDE WITH MAW

This
RAINY Saturday was a great day to spend on the train. It was fun to be creeping along as the lighting and rain came down outside the windows. There were tornado warnings all day throughout the city, even David got evacuated at work to the basement, but on the train it seemed so peaceful in the way only a rainy day can.

Isn't it adorable how they're holding hands?







CINDERELLA

Because of the crazy weather, Light the Night got cancelled on Saturday night. We were able to walk on Sunday night at the Dallas walk instead and still had a good time. But it created the perfect oppourtunity to do something else with our Saturday evening. When I saw that Cinderella was playing at the ballet in October, I thought it would be perfect because it is Natalie's birthday and it fit so perfectly with what I was envisioning for her special day. I missed the dates earlier in the month in Dallas and was feeling heartbroken that I had missed the chance to take Natalie. So I actually celebrated when the chance opened back up to go.
Natalie decided she HAD to dress as Cinderella and there was NO way she was going to wash the paint off her face from the train ride earlier in the day. She looked pretty dang cute and was perfectly Natalie!

This picture is special to me. You can't really tell from the picture, but Natalie and I were having a special moment walking from the car--she was SO SO proud to be in high heels like Mommy.







This mouse carried on quite the long conversation with Natalie, I couldn't hear what they were talking about but he stood there and talked with her for a lot longer than I expected.


We had the MOST fabulous and special evening with our girl. David and I were in heaven. I asked David while we were driving to the ballet if he enjoys it--he kind of shrugged and I took that to mean that what he really enjoys is making his girls happy.
Actually, this performance of Cinderella was VERY good, better than expected and much more engaging than Sleeping Beauty was. It was PERFECT for Natalie and kept her entertained the entire time. The step-sisters were men and they were horrible and hilarious!! Natalie was shocked when David told her that the step-sisters were men, she had no idea. David told her that was why they were SO ugly and she thought that was pretty funny!
LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY'S LIGHT THE NIGHT

I love this picture of Natalie, Lisa, and Jordan- all posing with their survivor balloon. It is pretty special that these three can be friends.


Natalie LOVEd getting to carry her survivor balloon. I think the fact that it lights up makes it even more cool.

Here is Natalie standing with a group of survivors walking at Light the Night.
These two were going to ride in the wagon together, but then they decided to
WALK!!!and they walked the entire way carrying Jordan's team banner.

There is no way Jordan could have walked like this before (she just finished chemo a few months ago). I was SO impressed. And Natalie has been well caught up physically for some time now, but a few years ago she couldn't have walked like that either. So it was pretty cool for us parents to witness- there are always reminders of how far our kids have come and how much we have to be greatful for.


No comments:
Post a Comment