Friday, October 15, 2010

Princess Alexa Foundation Halloween Party

Last Friday, I was priveleged to help throw a halloween party for Children's Medical Center Dallas through the Princess Alexa Foundation. I love being able to go to these parties because there is such a special feeling there as you witness happy smiles on the faces of very special kids. I know firsthand what it means when a smile on your child's face means more than anything else in the world. I love being able to be a part of this wonderful organization and being able to give back in a small way.







I love the sweet card this little girl made for me. She was such a sweetheart and stayed until the very last minutes of the party, she had such a good time and I know they loved the break from their room.

Since Natalie is a patient at this hospital, she was able to come with me to the party. That made it even more special for me. I love to have her with me and let her have a chance to have fun as well. I was very proud of her, instead of just enjoying the party and doing crafts (one of her all time favorite things) she helped the entire time. She set up, handed halloween buckets and little toys out to the kids, and never asked for a costume for herself. I have such a special girl.
This IT guy took a liking to Natalie and wanted to pose for several silly pictures with her. He printed one out to put on his desk.
These two cute new volunteers were great additions to the party.
Natalie made sure to take something home to her brother.
Stephen was totally in love with this skeleton costume!

No comments: