Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Scooby Doo Birthday!

Natalie was my big party planner helper this week. We had fun shopping with Daddy and picking things out while we kept The Colonel distracted. I asked Natalie at the beginning of the week if she had thought about what she might like to wear to Stephen's party. She got a surprised look on her face and said, "OH! I haven't even thought about it!! I'm not just going to wear ANY clothes!" This was all said with her little Natalie nose wrinkle. In the end, after thinking of all the special things she could wear to the party, she decided to wear her Alexa dress and her Alexa necklace. So she could remember Alexa, afterall, Stephen and Baby Z are twins just like she and Alexa are. The other really fun thing in preparing for the party was getting Stephen excited. For a few days before all of us would talk to him in high pitched voices (well maybe not David-hehe) and tell him that he was going to be the birthday boy. I'm not sure he knew what that meant, but our voices were enough to get him excited. Daddy came home from work a few hours early to enjoy the party. Stephen had just woken up a few minutes before and so I had David take him upstairs to fix his hair. As he came down the stairs, Natalie and I were clapping for him and we put a special Scooby Doo ribbon on him. He loved it!
Even though it was just a small family party (just the four of us), it was a huge success!! One of the highlights was the 'mystery' we had to solve, complete with clues and rewards all along the way. Scooby was missing and we had to find him. We all had a role, Natalie was Daphane because she has long hair, I was Velma because I have glasses, David was Shaggy, and The Colonel was Freddy.
Natalie assigned the roles and was awesome about staying in character. Every time I would accidently say Stephen or Natalie, I would be corrected. She even stayed in character while she corrected me.
Some of the rewards along the way included: Scooby snack shaped cookies, Scooby Doo tatoos, a scooby ball, Scooby bandaids, two different kinds of Scooby Doo suckers, and we even made this Scooby Doo craft.
In the end, we thought we were going to have to end up having pizza (Scoobies favorite food) without Scooby. But, we finally found Scooby when we were getting the pizza out of the oven- it was in the drawer with the hot pads. The first gift of the night was in there too. Stephen was so cute, he opened it one little piece at a time. After he tore off a little piece, he would jump up and go throw it away. We couldn't get him to just leave it- it took him ten minutes to open it. Like totally cute man... The gift turned out to be a stuffed Scooby, which he loves!

After dinner we played games. Natalie insisted on getting pin the tail on the donkey for his party. I also got a game where the object was to toss rings on Scoobie's ear. That was right up The Colonel's alley, not to mention Daddies. Check Natalie out in this video, the expression on her face is totally Natalie.

Luckily, The Colonel didn't keep running to the trash after he pulled off each piece of wrapping paper. He got down to business when it was time to open for real...I would say he is ready for Christmas. He got so excited with each thing he opened, yelling "WOW!" each time. He was very meticulous too, he had to have all the wrapping paper off before he would admire and examine the gift.




His Scooby Doo cake turned out amazing. It was my favorite part.
...and Natalie's!



At the end of the party, we settled down and watched Stephen's new Scooby Doo movie "as a family." It was the perfect end to a perfect little party. Happy Birthday to my little guy!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

How fun! It looks like he had a fun birthday!!