
Covering her eyes in anticipation. Ever since her Make A Wish countdown began, she looks forward to Monday when she gets to open the chain and see what fun thing she gets to do. This week it said to go to the zoo, aquarium, or a museum. Without hesitation, she chose the zoo.

Silly!

I love how he puts his hat on sideways.

Ready to go!

This might sounds silly, but my favorite part of the day was pushing the empty stroller around while Natalie and Stephen ran everywhere. I don't think I will ever grow tired of seeing Natalie so active and living like she doesn't have a care in the world. I love their excitement and enthusiasm...the magic of being a kid!

I love how excited they got to see all the animals, especially Stephen who probably doesn't remember the last time we went to the zoo.

If it hadn't been so hot, they might have walked the whole day, they were loving it so much. One thing they loved was a funny prenguin that liked to chase people along the glass. I got a super cute video of it, but it was too long.

The monkies, apes, lions, elephants, and giraffes were all big hit. So was feeding the parakeets. The surprise thing that they loved so much was the warthog. After seeing all the monkies, Natalie was ready to move on and told me, "no more primates, please!"

The other big hit of the day was the "nap." Natalie is so funny, every once in a while she will start saying a word incorrectly. She knows the word map, but all day long she called it a nap. She planned out our route and made sure we saw everything that had a picture on the map, including the bats at the far end of the park. Stephen liked to carry thw map around while he walked too.


Natalie was disappointed because she didn't think we had seen any "FLAMANGOS!" We did see flamingos, they just weren't pink enough for her!




This was his face when he saw the male Lion. He loved it and growled at him. Then he got scared (I think it was pretend- he starts to shake) and started saying "Mom, hide" and tried to hide behind me.

The zoo was fun, but it was really too hot! David, Stephen, and I were sweating buckets all day. Stephen is my mini-me and his face gets just as red as mine. Natalie was the only one not bothered by the heat. She was cool as a cucumber. Her cheeks never got pink and she didn't sweat. David joked that she has chemo reistance. I asked what he meant and he said that her metabolism had to change to handle the chemo, so she is super heat resistant now. That joke might just stick!

Even though she wasn't hot, she didn't pass up the chance to dance in the water.

Snowcones will get you fancy tounge colors like this.

To end the day, Natalie wanted to go sit in this carriage. She told us that she wished we lived when there were carriages so that we could just sit in there and have horses pull us where we needed to go instead of walking everywhere.

1 comment:
what a fun day!! i want to go to the zoo again. we haven't been in years and the boys love it.
Post a Comment