Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Gingerbread Houses

Gingerbread houses were one of David's family traditions growing up- I can still remember decorating one together the first year we were dating and I fell in love with the tradition.  It is one of my favorite Christmas activities!  We had such a fun time this year- playing Christmas music while we decorated and seeing the kids creativity!!! And of course sneaking some candy while we decorated makes it even sweeter!!



I usually make my own gingerbread for the house but it is sooo hard to get it to bake evenly without shrinking--I decided it just isn't worth using perfectly good dough that would make great yummy cookies to make the houses with.  Too much work!


These two- I love listening to them talk!

I was so excited to find a gingerbread train for my little train lover...

Helping Daddy!

I love her precision!






Stephen's creative pathway...

Cutest little fingers...



Too bad his posed cheesy smile is starting to look like a grimace of pain...
Brian LOVED decorating his train and it turned out so cute!!



Yes, that says "LOOK" and is telling you to look at the mistletoe--Stephen is obsessed with mistletoe...

Santa on the roof of his gingerbread house...

LOVE this boy and his out of the box creativity!!

No comments: