Christmas lights are one of my favorite things about Christmas- I think it's the same reason I love the 4th of July. I love the colors. I love the peaceful feeling I have when I look at lights. I love displays in neighborhoods because it is so fun to see how they are all so different and to see the creativity of people. This year we decided to check out the lights in a neighborhood in Arlington that is pretty famous for their lights. We have never been before--but I really liked it.
We decided to meet David after work in Arlington to make sure we got there early- we read that it gets VERY crowded even during the week. But first- we stopped with Grandma B and had dinner and ice cream at DQ. What a treat--being off my diet for the week was fun!! I was looking for every chance to get my peppermint ice cream fix!! And I can assure you the kids didn't mind me being off my diet one bit!
What we read about the lights was true---we waited in a line for an hour before we got into the neighborhood...but it was worth it!!
This house was our favorite...The kids were busting up laughing...
I took pictures of some of our favorites..
.all the penguins were a big hit with my penguin loving kids....
Everyone LOVED this Elvis one!!
And anything with gingerbread was loved too...
I loved all the nativities we saw...
This one with the t.v. inside the window was cool!!
Brian got SO excited for Mickey and Minnie!!
More cute penguins!!
As tall as the house!! Crazy!!
Brian was getting a bit restless but this alligator one just made his night!!!!
They loved this one!!
These are one of my favorites--so gorgeous!!!
Omage to our Tuscon roots!!!
Wow- lots going on here!
Brian LOVED this train one!!
More gingerbread...
Another alligator to make Brian's day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment