Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Moments

As soon as the tree was up after Thanksgiving-
 playing with all the ornaments became Brian's favorite past time!!


My cutie pie!

I found these cute little advent calendars filled with chocolate at IKEA- We used to get similar ones when I was a little girl!  I LOVED sharing such a fun tradition with my kids!


My cuties- I love the anticipation and the excitement leading up to Christmas!!!!



Our Elf didn't move several different times over the month of December- the kids concluded he needed to be fed to give him energy.  

I pulled some of Stephen's old clothes from the attic for Brian to wear.
This pair of superman pajamas fit perfectly- these were actually Natalie's to start with.  This was really special to me to see him wear them--I bought these for Natalie shortly after she got out of her long hospital stay when she got diagnosed.  We had to go back to the pediatrician to get a flu shot because they didn't do them at the cancer clinic- I was so sorry for everything Natalie had been through that I hated to see her have to get that darn flu shot.  Afterward, I took her to the nearby walmart and we bought these pajamas for her--Superman was her FAVORITE by then!!!  She was already starting to tell her "superman story!!"  We really didn't have any money then- so it was quite a splurge.  Funny- I went back to look and even though Natalie wore these pajamas all the time for at least a year or more I can't find a picture of her wearing them.  So sad!!!! But this is really special to me!!!

And this is Natalie's superman that she got while she was in the hospital to replace another superman that got taken out with her sheets...Brian was playing with this too.  LOVE IT!! Even if poor Superman has a broken leg now!

All month long Stephen told me he wasn't "the wrapping type" so instead of helping wrap gifts he created this from wrapping paper.  He is so funny!!


Reddywhiteyhidey has a friend...

We had fun checking out a friend's amazing Christmas light show set to music.
So cool and such a fun little evening activity!!

Christmas Parties!!!  They are fun- but they also mean the end of school until after the holidays and that is the BEST!!!!!  Looking forward to having time with my babies at home!!!


Pinning the nose on the snowman...


Cute little snowman...


My beautiful helper!!!

We had so much fun at our friend's Ugly Sweater Party.  David won first place for his sweater- designed and made by Natalie!!

You don't want to hear the story of the original sweaters we bought from Goodwill- they were perfect until they met the sanitize cycle on my 3 day old washing machine (the one I have waited for six years for- I've hated my old washer since we bought it when we moved here).  Picture black faux fur collar and black pounds of sweater fiber filling up the machine, the filter over and over, and shaking off all over the back porch-- there is no good way to describe the horror.  I thought I had ruined my new washing machine.  There was NO way to salvage the sweaters so we went with plan B an hour before the party.  The glue still wasn't dry on my sweater.  

If only I had taken pictures--it was crazy--but it will live on in my nightmares for a long time I'm sure!!



This boy is so cute- enjoying his candy cane!

This boy LOVED playing with all the decorations- my tables are probably all scratched up.  The poor train never stayed together more than 10 minutes!

I love how Stephen decorated the house in snow flakes that he made.  


No comments: